Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Seascape Tag!

I love the ocean and I love to sail, though I don't get to do so very frequently. I guess that's why sailboats, beach scenes, and ocean-life stamps always appeal to me. 

My tag features the sailboat, gulls, and the compass from the Always Time for Friendship Half Sheet (Stampinback), available at I Brake for Stamps. By the way, IBFS ships internationally!


I recently received my long awaited set of Distress Oxide inks and after playing around a tiny bit, decided to try to create a seascape tag using them.

First I die-cut a tag from my beloved 140 lb. Mixed Media cardstock (Strathmore) using a very old Accucut die. Starting at the bottom of the tag, I sponged Vintage Photo, Faded Jeans, and Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide inks (Ranger), spritzing the ink, then heat setting between each color. When I reached where I wanted the sun to be, I punched a circle from Eclipse Tape (Judikins), adhered it to the tag, then sponged Worn Lipstick and Broken China Distress Oxide inks, spritzing, and heat setting after the application of each color. When I was moderately happy with the colors of the tag, I lifted the circle, sponged Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide ink, spritzed it, and heat set that layer.

The next step was to stamp the sailboat from the Always Time for Friendship Half Sheet onto the tag with Jet Black Archival ink (Ranger). I colored the image using Pitt Artist pens (Faber Castell) and Zig Photo-Twin markers (EK Success).

The gulls and the compass were stamped with with Jet Black Archival ink (Ranger). White Gelly Roll gel pen (Sakura) was used to add sea foam and white caps to the ocean.

Three colors of hemp twine were added to finish the tag.

I Brake for Stamps is where you'll find great selections of Stampinback stamps plus lots of other stamps from other stamp companies. Click on my badge below to be whisked over to I Brake for Stamps to check out all of the goodies! Best of all, if you buy something, you can get a 10% discount off of your purchase if you use this code: SAVE10KATHI!



If you have any questions about the techniques or products I used, feel free to ask!

Thanks for visiting today!

No comments:

Post a Comment