"I love creepy things and I like weird. Combine in your work a little scary and a little confused."If you'd like the chance to win your choice of $30 worth of Stampotique stamps, you should play along with this challenge. Visit Stampotique Designers Challenge blog and be sure to read the rules so that you'll have the chance to win that great prize!!! Remember to check to see the deadline for all of this month's Stampotique Designers Challenges!
Here's my card with Skull Moon Small (Arwen McCullen), Snowy (Kira Nichols), and Owl Tree (Kira Nichols).
In honor of Halloween, the most wonderful time of the year, I decided that Snowy needed to be zombi-fied and freshly dug up from the graveyard, presided over by some spooky owls and the Skull Moon.
Black and white cardstock was die-cut with dies from my new Basic Step-Up Framelits die set (Sizzix). Snowy was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink (Tsukineko/Imagine Crafts) onto the front panel and onto Eclipse Tape (Judikins). The Eclipse Tape version was fussy-cut and positioned over her counterpart on the image panel. Owl Tree was overstamped using Jet Black Archival ink (Ranger).
Snowy's mask was lifted and Snowy and the owls' eyes were colored with Copic markers. I went over the owls' eyes and Snowy's apple with a VersaMarker (Tsukineko/Imagine Crafts), then heat set with Filagree Clear Fine Detail embossing powder (Stewart Superior).
The Graveyard Border die (Cottage Cutz) was used to die-cut white cardstock and Eclipse Tape. Snowy's mask was replaced, the Eclipse Tape Graveyard Border die-cut, was positioned, and Removable Scotch Tape (3M) was used to mask off the bottom portion of the image panel. Blueprint and Chipped Sapphire Distress ink (Ranger) were sponged over Snowy, the Owl Tree, and the Graveyard Border. The embossed eyes served to resist the Distress inks.
The masks were lifted and the Removable Scotch Tape was repositioned at the base of the Graveyard Border. Forest Moss and Mowed Lawn Distress inks were sponged over the bottom part of the panel. The tape was lifted and a T01 Copic marker was used to color the tombstones. A Forest Moss Distress marker was used to touch up the area and to add blades of grass to the tombstones. The die-cut cardstock was colored with a variety of Toner Grey Copic markers plus a gold gel pen and set aside.
A Red Glaze pen (Sakura) was used to add some bloody touches to Snowy and her apple. Espresso Distress ink was used to add some touches of "dirt" to Snowy's hair, face, dress, and shoes.
The primary image panel was edged with Black Soot Distress ink, the die-cut, colored Graveyard Border was adhered behind it, and the combined pieces were adhered to the cardfront.
White cardstock was sponged with Blueprint and Chipped Sapphire Distress ink, die-cut with the smaller panel dies from the Step-Up Framelets die set, and added to the card front.
Skull Moon Small was stamped with Jet Black Archival ink (Ranger), colored with Distress markers (Ranger), and fussy-cut. A touch of A Red Glaze pen was used to add some gore to the Skull Moon 's fang and then Skull Moon was adhered to the card. Some bats were die-cut from the Halloween die set (Impression Obsession) and the Halloween set (Little B) to finish the card.
Thanks for visiting today!
I shall enter this card into the following challenges:
• Die Cuttin' Divas Challenges: Halloween
• Forever Dark Challenges
• Papertake Weekly Challenges: Take Your Pick -- I picked Halloween Hues.
• Haunted Design House Challenges: Holy Hell, It's Halloween!
• Scrapy Land Challenges: Use Heat Embossing and Dies -- The owls' eyes are embossed.