One of the honors of being the Queen of Snark is that I get to be a guest dt member this week and the challenge, K is for Kitty, is ever so fitting for me as I am a krazy kat lady.
Here's my card which uses Penelope from Vera Lane Studio's Little Whimsical Witch digital stamp set and the cat from Vera Lane Studio's Girl and Cat with Party Hats.
I'll preface this with saying that I use a relatively old version of PhotoElements when I play with my digital stamps. The first thing I did was to open the Little Whimsical Witch set, crop the witch hat off of Penelope, and use Save As to save the hat in a separate file that I called Penelope's hat. Using the eraser tool, I got rid of any extraneous bits of Penelope, and saved the file.
Next I opened the cat from the Girl and Cat with Party Hats set and cropped the left and right ears from him and used Save As to save each ear in a separate file. The next step was to position the witch hat on the cat's head, which involved a bit of shrinking/stretching the hat, and free-rotating the layer, so the hat would fit. Each ear file was opened and the ears were positioned, then brought to the front, so they would appear to be poking through slits in the hat.
Penelope, from the Girl and Cat with Party Hats set, was opened again, reduced, dragged into place, free-rotated a bit, and sent to the back so the tip of her hat would be behind the ginormous cat.
When I was happy with the placement of my little scene, I added a bit of type, merged the scene, reduced it slightly, and printed it out onto Neenah cardstock using my laser printer.
The scene was then colored with Copic markers. Several layers of Clear Gelly Glaze pen (Sakura) was added to the cat's eyes, the skulls on both witch hats, and Penelope's buttons to give them dimension and shine.
The image panel was die-cut with one of the dies from the A2 Card Creator Nestabilities die set (Spellbinders). Copic markers were used to outline the images and add a dotted background. The image panel was edged with Black Soot Distress ink (Ranger), then matted with patterned paper from the Eerie 6x6 pad (Basic Grey) that had been die-cut with the next largest Card Creator die. This layer was also edged with Black Soot Distress ink.
Two different pieces of patterned paper from an old MME 6x6 pad were layered. My Drippy Goo Edger punch (Martha Stewart) was used to punch a sheet from the same pad, and glittery skull tape (Recollections) was adhered atop the border. The layered paper was cut down to size, then edged with Peeled Paint and Black Soot Distress inks.
The computer generated, laser printed words were cut apart and sponged with Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters, Wilted Violet, and Black Soot Distress inks. The image panel was adhered to the card front and the sentiment words were added.
Thanks for visiting today!
I shall enter this card into the following challenges:
• Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenges: Anything Goes
• Left of Center Challenges: Halloween
• Papertake Weekly Challenges: Take Your Pick -- I picked Halloween Hues.