Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Fallen Angel


I have a thing for angel images. When I saw From Heaven Angel Large (Stampinback)
at I Brake For Stamps, I just had to get her.  Her tattered wings and her crestfallen expression tugged at my heart strings.

From Heaven Angel was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto 140 lb. Mixed Media cardstock because I brought my colored pencils with me on holiday, mistakenly thinking that I'd get some time to color. Nope. Anyway, I colored her with Copic markers, then grabbed my Skullduggery stencil (Andy Skinner/Tando) and traced it with a Black Multi-liner pen (Copic). The skull was colored with Copic markers. A few cracks were added with the Multi-liner, because I like my skulls (not my personal skull or those of anyone I know) cracked.

The image panel was die-cut with one of the dies from the Card Creator Nestabilities die set (Spellbinders). Black cardstock was die-cut with the next largest die from that set.

Yellow chalk pencil (Derwent) was used to outline the image. Shimmery yellow and blue palette chalk (Pebbles) was used to add the background. When that was done, the image panel was edged with Black Soot Distress ink (Ranger)and matted with the black die-cut.

Grey cardstock was debossed with the Clocks Embossing Plate (Cherry Lynn Designs) then sponged with Black Soot Distress ink.

You really ought to go check out  From Heaven Angel Large, the other Stampingback stamps, and all the great stamps at I Brake For Stamps. Click on my badge below to be whisked over there to check out their fabulous images! Best of all, if you buy something, use this code: SAVE10KATHI  and you'll get 10% off your purchase.


Thanks for visiting today!

I shall enter this card into the following challenges:

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, what a cool image and I love the way you colored her and placed her on that skull. Thanks for sharing with us at LOC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous card Kathi, love it!!!!! :) Hugs and love, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathi great card and the image is kool. I like the clock embossing. It gives it a nice texture. Thanks for joining the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge. Best of luck to you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply STUNNING although the picture of the angel makes me kind of sad in a way like she's lost. I do love everything about your card the colors, background and the gorgeous wings. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at the Cheery Lynn Designs blog and good luck hugs Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card and thank you for playing along with the Forever Dark Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete