I am challenging you to use some form of tin in your artwork. Consider incorporating craft tin, tin tape, an Altoid container, a repurposed tin can, or any tin object to incorporate with your stamping.
Put on your "tinking" caps and join us in this challenge to have a chance to win some Stampotique stamps.If you'd like the chance to win your choice of $30 worth of Stampotique stamps, you should play along with this challenge. Visit Stampotique Designers Challenge blog and be sure to read the rules so that you'll have the chance to win that great prize!!
I must say that this challenge presented a real challenge for my C.A.D.D. (Crafter's Attention Deficit Disorder). I had so many ideas that I couldn't settle on just one. Then I got really busy with fun life stuff such as a B52s concert (fab!), a nice steak dinner on a new grill (which I learned how to use), and then dinner out with friends. By then, it was screaming deadline time, so this is what came out of my head and hands.
Here's my tin that uses Stampotique's Tinman (Janet Klein), Angel Wings - 2 Sided (Arwen McCullen), and Daniel's Hearts (Daniel Torrente).
Whilst debossing the images, some of the stamped lines had been rubbed out, so they were replaced with Sharpie-drawn lines. The Tinman was then paper-pieced back together and set aside so a background could be created for him. A small Folk Heart punch (EK Success) was used to punch a piece of the scrap tin, which was then colored with a Copic marker, and added to the Tinman.
Dimensional foam tape (3M) was trimmed down, layered, and adhered to the back of the Tinman.
Angel Wings - 2 Sided was stamped onto craft tin (Amaco) with Jet Black StazOn ink, fussy-cut, then adhered behind the Tinman.
Daniel's Hearts was stamped onto silver metallic cardstock (Recollections) with Frost Dazzle VersaMark (Tsukineko/Imagine Crafts) ink and heat set with sparkly black embossing powder. The inside of the hearts were colored with a VersaMarker and heat set with Clear Filagree Fine Detail embossing powder (Stewart Superior). The stamped, heat embossed silver cardstock was then cut to the size of the interior of a candy tin, and the corners were rounded with a punch.
Cerulean Blue and Translucent White Media Fluid Acrylic paints (DecoArt) were mixed, sponged over the embossed silver cardstock, then wiped back to reveal Daniel's Hearts. When this was dry, it was adhered to the inside of the box.
Silver flashing tape was embossed with a 12x2 Gear Box embossing folder (Cuttlebug). Carbon Black MFA paint was sponged onto the embossed flashing tape, then wiped off, leaving the black paint in the debossed area. The painted embossed flashing tape was adhered around the sides of the box.
Silver metallic cardstock (Recollections) was die-cut with all three dies from Medium Steampunk Pipes die set (Memory Box) and Edge Gears (Joy Crafts). The Edge Gears (Joy Crafts) was supplemented with metal gears and added to the bottom of the box's interior. The Medium Steampunk Pipes were assembled, then adhered vertically behind the Edge Gears.
Shiny white semi-translucent vellum was die-cut with the Puffy Clouds dies (Memory Box), then embossed with the Clockworks embossing folder (Cuttlebug). The embossed Puffy Clouds were adhered to the background to look like steam.
The Angel Winged Tinman was adhered to the back of the box.
Red cardstock was die-cut with Eliza Mini alphabet dies (QuicKutz) and adhered to the top of one of the assembled Medium Steampunk Pipes dies. This was then adhered to the bottom of the box. The same shiny white vellum was die-cut with both of the Tiny Bubbles dies, which were then adhered behind the pipe on the left.
Four wooden spooly things (Recollections) were painted with black paint, then glued to the bottom of the tin to become its feet.
Thanks for visiting today.
I shall enter this tin into the following challenges.
• Corrosive Challenges: Anything Goes
• Love to Create Challenges: Anything Mixed Media Goes
• Two Creative Chicks Challenges: Anything Goes
• Altered Eclectics Challenges: Anything Goes