Thursday, April 30, 2015

Photo Bomb ATC Swap!

Nikki Woodward, a very talented and organized lady, has been running ATC swaps over at the Stampotique Facebook page for a while. The latest ATC swap's theme is "Photo Bomb". I've been wanting to play along so I signed up and created an ATC and a card for each of my partners. One of the my partners, received hers, so I decided to share it on my blog.


All three stamps, Smitten Mustache Monsters, Birdy Up, and NY NY, were stamped onto Neenah cardstock with Tuxedo Black Memento ink and colored with Copic markers. Smitten Mustache Monsters and  were fussy cut, edged with black marker, and set aside. One of the monsters from the three Smitten Mustache Monsters and three of the birds from Birdy Up were set aside for another day and project.

The blue sky was added to NY NY and the cardstock was trimmed. Two of the Smitten Mustache Monsters were adhered in front of the NY NY to look as though they were posing with the city as their backdrop. The Birdy Up bird was adhered at a diagonal and then trimmed, which didn't hurt him much until I bruised his feelings by tossing the bottom part of his body into the bin. The edges were sponged with Black Soot Distress ink and then set aside.

A piece of scrap cardstock was covered entirely with Commute Idea-ology Tissue Tape, which consists of New York street names, trimmed to ATC size, then sponged with Black Soot Distress ink. The image panel was added to the front and a panel with the ATC info was added to the reverse.

I also created this card, with the same bird from Birdy Up plus Banner, (France Papillon) to accompany my ATC on its trip across the pond.


Both were stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink, colored with Copic markers, fussy-cut, edged with black marker, and set aside, while I created the background from scraps of patterned paper and die-cuts by Memory Box and Little B. The card was assembled, I packed up the puffy envelope with the ATC, the card, and some goodies, and hied to the post office to send it on its way. I did learn not to use puffy envelopes to protect the envelope contents because (a) I had to complete a customs form, (b) it cost more, and (c) it took longer to arrive at its destination. :(

The second ATC, card, and goodies has not yet arrived at its destination, so I might have to recreate the project. Oh well.

Thanks for visiting today!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely hilarious, Kathi! Such cute images and great designs! Love both of these! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete