It's still Autumn here in the Northeast and we're enjoying mild weather at the moment. However, we're supposed to get a Polar Vortex later this week. Vortex seems to be the latest weather media buzzword. Anyway, I was feeling chilled and was anticipating feeling even colder, so I made this card, using SCACD's Winter Friends digital stamp.
Winter Friends was resized in PhotoElements, printed onto Neenah cardstock using my laser printer, then colored with Copic markers. The sky was also colored with Copic markers in C01, C0, and C00.
The tree branch and icicles were given a coat of glitter courtesy of my Wink of Stella Clear Glitter marker. I waited til the ink dried completely then coated it with several layers of Clear Gelly Roll Glaze pen to add glossy dimension and shine to the ice. The Glaze pen was also used on the owl's eyes, beak, and talons. The image panel was matted with two layers of blue cardstock.
White silvery glitter paper was die-cut with Poppy Stamps Sparkling Snowflake Corner die and then adhered to either corner of blue cardstock, which had been edged with Picket Fence Distress paint. The matted image panel was layered atop this to complete the card.
Thanks for visiting today!
I shall enter this card in the following challenges:
• Paper Take Weekly Challenges: Two or Four Legs
• Party Time Tuesday Challenges: Anything Goes • Moving Along with the Times Challenges: Sparkle or Shine
• Crafting When We Can Challenges: Use Your Markers
• Through the Purple Haze: Use a Punch or Die
• Scrap-Creations Challenges: Make it Sparkle
• Cards und More Challenges: Snowflakes