Thursday, August 28, 2014

Hope

Meet Hope, one of the fairies in SCACD's wonderful new Zen Beauties collection of rubber stamps.


Hope was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink and colored with Copic markers. I went over her wings and the floating orb with Clear Stardust Glitter pen. The orb was then coated with a layer of Diamond Glaze to add dimension and a glassy shine. I used a stylus to score the cardstock, then tore it along the score lines. The torn edges received a coating of Clear Stardust Glitter pen as well. Sadly you can't really see the lovely glittery goodness. Silly camera. Sillier photographer!

Since Hope was colored while I was at my mother's house a while back, I got to choose papers that worked with her. Fortunately and somewhat shockingly, I remembered that I had old patterned papers from Memory Box in my stash that I thought might work with the color scheme I used to color Hope. I'm glad to say that I was right! Better yet, I knew where I had stored the patterned paper! Eureeka! I should mention that I added a tiny bit of pink marker to the horizontal strips of patterned paper to reinforce the pink I used on Hope and her toadstool.

The card's layout is based on Sketch #48 from Papertake Weekly Challenges. The edges of the cardstock were sponged with either Shaded Lilac Distress ink or New Sprout Memento ink. Since the fairy is named Hope and I coincidentally had a Hope die from Elizabeth Craft Designs, I decided to use that same die to die-cut silver glitter cardstock by DCWV, which was placed according to the sketch to form my sentiment.

Here's Papertake Weekly's Sketch #48


Thanks for visiting today!

I shall enter this card into the following challenges:
Papertake Weekly Challenges: Sketchie Free-for-all
Inky Chicks Challenges: Fairies
Loves Rubber Stamps Challenge #118: Two or more patterned papers 
Crafty Cardmakers Challenges: World of Fantasy
Miriam's Crafting Blog Challenges: Fantasy 
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog: Anything Goes

7 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful with the purple, pink and touches of yellow. She is such a pretty fairy.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colour palette. The background is soft, subtle and perfect for the image.

    Thank you for sharing in our World of Fantasy challenge.

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab take on the sketch, Kathi! Love the pretty color palette you chose--lucky you that you had DP for it--and even knew where it was!!! LOL!
    Love the distressing on this and your coloring, too! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. An adorable card Kathi, a great background, colours and pretty papers. Your image is delightful and lovely colouring!!

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, Kathi! Love the colours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful - love the design!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic Creation and such a gorgeous image! So happy you could join us here at Loves Rubber Stamps this week!
    Good Luck & Hugs, DT Dangina

    ReplyDelete