Friday, August 1, 2014

Friends...


The challenge this week at Outlawz Alcohol Markers Challenges is "Friends"! Outlawz Friday's Coloring Challenges is now a coloring challenge! You can use alcohol markers, other markers, colored pencils, and any other coloring medium. The only requirement is that you color an open line image!

August's sponsor for the Outlawz Friday's Coloring Challenges is Bombshell Stamps. The winner of this month's challenge will win his or her choice of a digital set of stamps.

Here's my card, which features Stamping Bella's Victoria and Juliette (on sale!)




Victoria and Juliette was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink and colored with Copic markers. I was not pleased with the blonde's hair, so I used Polychromos colored pencils to try to fix it. A pink chalk pencil was used to add a touch of blush to both girls.   Turquoise Spica glitter pen was used to add earrings and a belt to the blonde. Red Spica glitter pen was used to add earrings to the auburn tressed beauty. Stardust Glitter pen was used to add glitter to both pairs of shoes. Clear Gelly Glaze pen was used to add a clear dimensional shine to their stemware and shoes.

The patterned papers are from the Lucille 6x6 pad by Basic Grey. The die-cuts are Nestabilities by Spellbinders. The silvery accents are foil stickers from my stash. The sentiment was created using stickers from Making Memories (the individual letters) and Chit-Chat by Idea-ology (words). I didn't realize that the whites are a bit different from one brand to another, which is what I get for crafting in the wee hours of the ayem. I think the difference is a bit offputting, but not completely heinous. So, I'm going to let it go and say that it shows the charm of handmade. Yep. That's the ticket.

Thanks for visiting today!

I shall enter this card in the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenges: Anything Goes

7 comments:

  1. Oh my!! these girls are just TOO CUTE ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card, Kathi! Love the papers and details and how you've colored up these girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute! I really love how you've colored them! Thanks so much for playing along with the Anything Goes Challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful card Kathi, the girls are fabulous haha!!! :D Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, this is a really pretty design--darling image, lovely coloring, and beautiful DP! But, secondly, this absolutely cracked me up! And, if truth be told, I do have friends that don't let me drink alone--thank goodness! :^)
    Love the card, Kathi! :^)
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the image and as usual, you pulled out all your crafting stash to get the card done! It is the sentiment that rings very true though - oh yes, I can certainly relate to that :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quite girly for you but no less wonderful!

    ReplyDelete