If you'd like the chance to win $30 worth of Stampotique stamps, you should play along. Visit Stampotique Designers Challenge blog and be sure to read the rules, so that you'll have the chance to win a great prize!!!"Polka dots are great fun as a main feature or as a delicate accent to artwork. My other love is my favourite colour combination, pink and turquoise. So for this week's challenge I'm inviting you to have fun with my favourite things: Pink, Turquoise and Polka Dots! I can't wait to see your creations, so get your rubber out and have lots of fun creating :)"
Here's my project that uses Stampotique's fabulous and friendly feline, Chessy and lots and lots of polka-dots! Once again, the photo was taken with my iPhone. I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality of photo, but think that if possible, I'll continue using my old-style camera and take photos outside!
Chessy was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto both Neenah cardstock and Eclipse tape. S/he was colored with Copic markers and the stamped panel was die-cut with a Nestabilities Circle die. The Eclipse tape Chessy was fussy-cut, peeled, and placed over colored, die-cut Chessy. Angel Pink Memento ink was sponged over the Dot Fade Layering stencil (on SALE!) and the image panel was set aside so I could work on a background.
Two colors of pink Fresco Finish Acrylic paint were sponged onto 140 lb. Strathmore cardstock and heat set. A darker pink FF Acrylic paint was sponged over the polka-dots part of the Patterned Strips stencil by The Crafter's Workshop and heat set. Bora Bora FF Acrylic paint was sponged over the Layered Beads stencil by The Crafter's Workshop and heat set. The stencil was moved slightly and South Pacific FF Acrylic paint was sponged, then heat set. I should mention that at this point, I hated what I had created, but I figured that maybe I could rescue it, so I sponged Snowflake FF Acrylic paint over a polka dot stencil by Wendy Vecchi, then heat set the paint. Guess what? I liked the result much better. The white polka dots softened the contrast between the turquoise/teals and the pinks.
The background was cut down and edged with Bora Bora FF Acrylic paint, which was also used to edge the stamped, stenciled circle die-cut, which was then adhered to the background. Aqua/turquoise Washi tape was adhered under Chessy's paws. It looked blah, so Pale pink shiny polka-dot ribbon was added. Still blah. I colored some white Doodlebug dotty border thingy with a Copic marker, adhered it over the ribbon, and was happier.
I wanted to add a "Smile" sentiment and came across some ancient Bradwear alphabet rub-ons by Creative Imaginations. I had used some, but got lucky that not only were the letters that I needed still there, but that the rub-ons still worked. So, a piece of polka-dot white vellum was die-cut with a frilly flag tag die and "smile" was added to it. A large turquoise/teal pearl was added to the vellum and smaller turquoise/teal and white pearls were added to the horizontal strip to finish the card!
Thanks for visiting today!
I shall enter this card in the following challenges:
• Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenges: Anything Goes
• The Sisterhood of Crafters: Tags
• Craftitude Challenge: That's Die-licious