Friday, July 5, 2013

Crafting ADD

I swear that I have crafting Attention Deficit Disorder! I'll be surfing along the internet, see something in a gallery, blog, or Pinterest, and then follow links to find out more about the product.

This can be an expensive disorder since my curiosity and lack of impulse control, both attributes of ADD, usually lead me to purchases.

Similarly, cleaning my craftroom can do the same thing. I'll be putting stuff away, reorganizing, or purging,  and I'll discover a stamp set or a supply that I haven't used in a while, if ever.

This is what happened recently when I was cleaning up after my last project. Cleaning up led to reorganizing my stamps. I found Nature Set #11 by  Stampscapes  that I won in Stampbord's contest (several years ago), and visited Stampscapes' website, which led to me clicking on the Stampbord link, which led to watching some videos, which led to the following 2" square tile.




















The creation of this was relatively quick. You sponge on some dye inks, stamp your scene, then take a sharp pointy thing and scratch in some stars. I'm relatively pleased with this tile. For a first go, it's kinda cool, though I need to improve on my scratching and remember that the scratching tools are sharp. Fortunately, I didn't get any blood on the tile. :D

I plan to seal this and put a magnet on the back, but took a photo of it first.

Be prepared to see some more Stampscapes projects in the future because while I was visiting, I had to place an order. That darned impulse control thing, don'tcha know?

Thanks for visiting today!

I shall enter this project in the following challenges:
Lady Anne's 4th Challenge: Monochromatic
Make It Monday #147: Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp and Show: Anything Goes


9 comments:

  1. This is great!! Isn't it fun cleaning up and discovering something you've had for awhile all over again. For your first try stamping on a tile this fantastic. Can't wait to see some more of your Stampscapes projects.
    Take care.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great image Kathi - love the fact you have put it on a little tile. Love the scratchy stars but would have to be careful myself as I don't usually combine well with pointy tools! Love the blue going to light in the middle - great project.

    Thank you so much for joining us at Lady Anne's Challenges this time, I hope you join us again soon.

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    DT member Lady Anne's Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl I didn't know you were writing a blog about me!!! I always compare myself to the dog in the movie UP...squirrel squirrel.
    Anyhoo great creation and the night scene is awesome!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so neat and very detailed for only being 2 inches square. Also had to snort how you changed the size of the text when you mentioned you bought something!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do know about impulse control. I just choose to ignore it.
    Love this tile! It is really beautiful, and sounds fairly simple to do. Except, don't cut yourself next time, OK?
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! You really did amazing things with this image, and I love the color. I look forward to seeing more stampscape projects from you! Thank you for sharing, and for joining us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    May

    ReplyDelete
  7. So classy, thanks for joining us at Lady Annes this month. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kat I'm sorry to say that you are not alone with your Crafting Attention Deficit Disorder, do you think you can catch it?
    *giggle* your tale reminds me of me!
    Love your tile and that image is fabulous, I like your scratching, life isn't perfect! Thank You for sharing with us at Lady Anne's Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.
    Love ~ Lady Anne xx

    Lady Anne's Challenge's
    Lady Anne's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for putting a name on it - I thought I was just a bit nutty! This looks great and isn't it fun when you can shop in your own craft room :)

    ReplyDelete