Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Same Color Scheme, Different Project!



The card features another fabulous silhouette from SCACD Blank Canvas Collection #2, the Solid Blank Canvas image Solid Blank Canvas and Flights of Botanica set.

This card is the second project created with my spritzed, sprayed, and stenciled papers that I created over the weekend. I created the background by spraying multiple layers of London Blue, Bubblegum Pink, After Midnight, and White Linen Dylusions Sprays and many Mini-Misterfuls of water onto white tags and a sheet 140 lb. watercolor paper.

When I was happy, I sprayed White Linen, then more water over the Flutterby stencil by The Crafter's Workshop, lifted the stencil, and rolled my kitchen roll, aka paper towel, over the paper. Voila. A ghosted image. I dried the paper with my heat gun, then repeated the process to add more layers of butterflies and the scroll elements. I dried the paper again, the sprayed some of White Linen onto the oversprayed inky parts of my craft sheet, then sponged the lightened ink over the stencil to add more layers and interest. I let this air dry whilst I attended to dinner and/or other chores.

When I returned to my craft room, I gave the paper a shot with my heat gun to make sure it was really and truly dry. I stamped the Solid Blank Canvas image Solid Blank Canvas and Flights of Botanica set using Starlite Silver Brilliance ink by Tsukineko. Since it's a pigment ink, I blasted the image with the heat gun to set it.

I used SCACD's gorgeous new Breezy Branches Statement Corner and SCACD's Classic Corners to die cut one of the Dylusioned tags, which I had retrieved from my paper recycling bin in my craft room. I had messed it up while stamping. I sponged Starlite Silver Brilliance ink over all three die cuts, blasted 'em with my heat gun and set them aside.

The Dylusioned and stamped panel was layered onto some lovely shimmery pewter-colored cardstock, then mounted to the card's front. The die cuts were adhered to the corners, and I declared the card complete! Woot.

Thanks for visiting today!

I shall be entering this card in the following challenges:
Artistic Inspirations: #34 Fantasy
Make It Monday #133: Anything Goes
Smudgy Antics: Make It Colourful without using Markers or Pens!
The Crazy Challenge #141 Fairies and Flowers
Challenges 4 Everybody #16: Anything Goes

10 comments:

  1. Well, woot, yourself. (What does that mean, anyway?) Hey, I love this artsy piece, too--you have so much fun with all of your sprays and everything turns out so beautifully! Love that background, the silhouette, and, of course, the fab die cuts! Great design, Kathi! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely creation! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at MIM this week! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM for a chance at our second prize! Good luck and I hope to see you back in a week for a new challenge!
    Rene ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot! is right beautiful and magical. I love this. your dies are lovely also. Thank you for joing us at Smudgy antics. truly a beautiful piece.
    susan s

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another wow! Love the die cut added piece. Never know what goodies are in the trash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful and the colouring and how you did the background and everything-just great!! Saw this on MIM

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card and I love those images just beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspirations this week. Abbie (owner) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beautiful project! I love the ghosting effect you've achieved. Your card is fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us over at Smudgy Antics again. You may enter as many times as you wish. Your projects are a delight to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another absolutely stunning piece using my favourite colours :0) Again thanks for playing with us at Smudgy Antics!
    http://www.smudgyantics.blogspot.com/2013/04/make-it-colourful-without-markers-or.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous piece! I love the effects on the background thank you again for playing along with us at Smudgy Antics, hope to see you join us again xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really wonderful again. Love all the colors and the misting! Great to see you create two pieces for this challenge at Smudgy Antics!
    Hugs Anna

    ReplyDelete