Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Bombshell's Hump Day Hop!

It's the last Wednesday of the month, which means it's time for Bombshell's Hump Day Hop!

Alison, our Challenge Captain, has set this month's theme, which is "Stencil Me In!", where we were to use Bombshell Stamps in combination with a stencil.

You should have arrived here from Glittery Katie's Blog. I'm sure she totally wowed you since she rocks!

Here's my card:


I used Bombshell's Indian Princess set as my focal image. She was colored using Copic markers which I listed below. Clear Spica Glitter Pen was added to her earrings and the crystals then I added Clear Gelly Roll Glaze pen to the beads on her headdress, her earrings, and the crystals. After outlining her, I fussy cut the image and put it aside.

One of the things I love to do with stencils is to update old patterned paper. In this card, I used the Mini Diamonds stencil by the Crafter's Workshop together with blush and green from the Essential Metallics Gelatos set from Faber Castell. I took each color, applied some to my craft mat, added a bit of water, then brushed the thinned Gelato over the stencil onto a piece of patterned paper from a Kraft Basics 6x6 pad by Basic Grey using a cheapo foam brush.

The fussy cut image was added to the stencilled patterned paper. Some hemp cord and some staples were added to finish the piece.

Thanks for visiting today.

Here's the complete hop list in case you got lost or just want to revisit some of the fabulousness.

Bombshell Blog
Alison
Torrey
Kim
Jodi
Alaine
Susie
Kapree
GlitteryKatie

Copic Markers used:

Skin: E30, E31, E33, R20, BV20
Eyes: Y32, Y35, E23
Hair: C1, C4, C6, C8, C10, 100
Headdress: R22, R24; BG23, BG34
Feathers: T0, T1, T3; R22, R24
Beads on Headdress: BG45, BG49; R22, R24, r37
Earrings: C00, C0, C1; BG45, BG49, R00, R11, R20
Necklace: BG23, 34; R22, R224
Outline: E81, E84

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card (and coloring) Kathi! I love how you made the stenciled background. I would never think to update old patterned paper that way. Brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so perfect. That background is a real stunner and goes perfect with Indian Princess. I have been wanting to play with those Gelatos, they look really cool. I also love the tiny details you've done with the staples.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great textural feel to this, Kathi! Love the coloring of the image; really great stenciled background; love the rustic hemp & stapled finish! You do such wonderful things with so many products! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. That stenciled background is perfect for this image, great card.

    ReplyDelete