Friday, November 9, 2012

Who me? I'm having thoughts of spring time!



This super-stylish cute girl is basking in the sunlight of a warm spring day. She's Who Me?, and is one of four new Elisabeth Bell for SCACD stamps in the Sampler #8 Collection.

As you might know, I was without power for most of last week due to that bwitch Sandy, but perservered and crafted by the light of two battery-powered OTT lights whilst wearing multiple layers of thermal clothing.

I created this card yesterday whilst we were being blasted with a Nor'Easter that brought gusty winds and six inches of snow. Thankfully, we kept our power and the cracked skylight stayed intact.

I must say it was really nice to color a spring scene and made me feel a bit warmer!

Who Me? was stamped using Tuxedo Black Memento ink and colored with a variety of Copic markers, which I'll list below. An Inkssentials White Gel pen was used to highlight the center of the flower.

The stamped piece was die cut using Spellbinders' Nestabilities 27. This is sold out right now, but many Spellbinders dies are still on sale!

I layered patterned paper from the Clippings 6x6 pad by Basic Grey. Pearl Paint Dabber was used to edge the papers and add a bit of shimmer.

SCACD's Classic Corner dies were used to accent the image panel and SCACD's Ornate Hinge die were used to create a lacy intricate border. I freakin' love these dies. They cut sooooooooo beautifully! I haven't had to use the "wax paper trick" once!

The border strip was highlighted with Zva Creative Rhinestones.

Ta-da!

Thanks for visiting today!

Copic Markers used:
Skin: YR0000, RY000, YR01, BV20
Cheeks: R20
Lips: R22
Hair: B41, C3, C5, C6, C&
Sweater: BG10, BG11, BG23
Skirt & Headband: BG10, BG11, B23; YR01, YR12, YR14
Fence: E21, E23, E25, E27
Flowers: B34, B37
Sky: BG0000, BG000
Grass: YG11, YG13, YG17


7 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I'm with her - can't wait for warmer weather, not that I want to wish tome away but I know I'd be happier without a NJ winter coming in fast!!
    Love the vintage feel to this and the soft colours work beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!!! you are the die QUEEN girl! you give me tons of ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wow wow... I didn't even recognize the hinge die - I thought it was lace! I'm definitely using your BRILLIANT idea. Beautiful work Kathi :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Kathi! Love the pretty spring paper & colors you chose. Great design, and fabulous use of those wonderful embellies! And you did a fab job of coloring that precious image! :^)
    Hugs, Penny
    P.S. So sorry you are getting slammed with such bad weather! We have ungodly heat here, but at least we don't get that nasty white stuff! :^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh I love this! Your coloring is fabulous and how brilliant to use the die as lace, it is truly a wonderful touch. Hope you are warm this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty and I love your use of the dies!! So creative and so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very sweet card and your image is colored beautifully. I really like the design paper you chose and the white border punch.

    ReplyDelete