Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Be careful out there!

Ever since I first saw the What Big Eyes set from Susana Loves Stamps Eyes of Adventure and Fables Collection, I knew that I'd have to pair it with the Aspen Trees mini stencil by The Crafter's Workshop to create a Little Red Riding Hood card!



What Big Eyes set was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink and colored with Copic markers which I'll list below. When she was done, I fussy cut her and put her aside, which made her pout. I assured her she'd have fun later, so she calmed down.

Anyway, I grabbed a piece of light grey cardstock, taped down the Aspen Trees mini stencil and sponged Forest Moss, Bundled Sage, Stormy Blue, Broken China, and Tumbled Glass Distress inks over it. I also sponged an additional scrap of grey cardstock with Forest Moss and Bundled Sage ink, then tore it, edged the torn strips with Black Soot Distress ink, and adhered the strips to the Aspen Trees piece. I wasn't totally happy with the piece, so I sponged grey Pebbles Palette chalk to add some dimension and shading to the trees. Much better.

I adhered What Big Eyes, now in her role of Red Riding Hood, to the piece. I thought something was needed, so I die cut some black cardstock with one of SCACD's Classic Corner dies (two dies come in the set), ran them through my mini Xyron X machine, then painted on a layer of Black Ice Silks Acrylic Glaze to add some shine and shimmer to the die cuts.

I adhered the piece to a black card front. When I decide who will get the card and for what occasion, I'll add a sentiment!

By the way, Susana just added some really fabulous new products, such as new 6x6 pads, fabulous new stencils by ArtistCellar, the new Distress Stains, Spellbinders D-Lites, Make It Crafty chipboard, and Stamping Bella's Uptown Girl stamps to the SCACD store. Go check it all out!!!

Thanks for visiting today!

I shall enter this card in the following challenges:
Chalk-Ah-Lot Cafe: #23 -- Anything Goes
Crafting When We Can: #32 -- Fairytales Challenge

Copic Markers used:
Skin: YR0000, YR000, YR00, R20, BV00
Hair: C6, C7, C8
Dress: R22, R24, R27, R29 & C8, C6
Petticoat: R0000, R00
Cape: R89, C7, R56, R59

8 comments:

  1. Had to laugh at Red pouting! Sounds like my images--they seem to take on a life of their own, huh? ;^)
    You did a fab job of coloring her! And that background is over-the-top cool! Love it! Love the die cuts, too!
    Yup, another winner, Kathi!
    Big hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a perfect Little Red! I just love that background you created! It's so perfect for your image. Fab coloring too! Thanks for joining us at CWWC. Good luck! Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, totally amazing! I'm in awe over that fabulous background, such great inking!! The image is such a nice touch, just right to finish the scene :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are absolutely amazing! I can't make backgrounds for diddly but this is stunning. You should frame it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzer girl I just love how those aspen trees turned out! What an awesome scene you've created with the stencil and wonderful image! Love it

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now how did I miss this one Kathi? This is absolutely FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful creation. I love how you added the chalk. Thanks for joining us at Chalk Ah Lot Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card love the scene and little red riding hood Thanks for joining us on crafting when we can hugs Vicky

    ReplyDelete