Friday, September 21, 2012

Cats @ Kath's

I love cats and all things associated with them. I love cat stamps and collect them. Therefore, I HAD to have Kraftin' Kimmie's Bella because Bella has two cats. Plus, she's got a skull barrette and a skull on her outfit. That made her perfect for Halloween. I've been feeling Halloweenie because it's getting cooler here in the Northeast. Apparently, I've also been feeling the green and purple combo. Go know.

So I decided to make a card using Bella and this sketch.



Here's the card:


Bella was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto Neenah cardstock. She was colored with Copic markers, which are listed below. Her skull barrette was highlighted with a Gelly Roll Glaze pen to add dimension and shine. The cats' eyes and noses were touched with Black Copic Spica Glitter pen because they needed to sparkle. They told me.

The patterned papers are all from Echo Park's Chillingsworth Manor 6x6 pad.

I didn't feel like using a flower and decided to see if I could make an edgier looking flowerish embellishment using one of the gorgeous Garden Corners dies by SCACD. I'm fairly pleased with the result. I added a lime green button from my huge button stash and threaded the button with Pumpkin Scrappers Floss. The card was finished with two sets of three orange rhinestones from my stash.

Copic List
Skin: E000, E00, E02, E11, R20
Hair: V000, V1, V93, W5, W6, W7, W8
Dress: V91, V93, V95, YG000, Yg00, YG01, YG03, W00, W0, W1, W3
Cats: T4, T5, T6, T7

Thanks for visiting today!

I shall be entering this card in the following challenge(s).
Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge #146

9 comments:

  1. Gosh, Kathi, this is such a cool "Halloweenie" card! Great coloring of that adorable image--love the cats, too! And that idea for using the corner dies as a fancy flower is just so clever--and gorgeous! (I may have to try that sometime with some of mine!) ;^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Kathi!!! Love the papers you used and Bella is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at Kraftin' Kimmie this week and hope to see you again soon!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kathi! This is adorable! I love your patterned paper choice and coloring. Purple and green are great together! (My favorites!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous, Kathi! I do love that Echo Park paper.

    Thank you for joining us in the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color combos and the layout. Kraftin Kimmie makes great Halloween images.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Card Kathi. Love the Flourish die here. It is perfect - Brilliant use of it, and the papers are really cool!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it!! Apart from the wonderful colouring and fabulous image, that button flourish is completely inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! I love how you colored the image, and I love your background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card. Perfect design paper and die cut embellishment to go with it.

    ReplyDelete