Monday, June 11, 2012

Sketch Challenge! Meet Ms. Priss!

Miss Priss, (CO-128-J) from Third Coast's p. 29 of the Early Spring 2008 catalog, reminds me of my familiar Duchess (see my profile photo). She's beautiful, sassy, and very mischievous.

This card was prompted by Duchess' recent activity with her partner-in-crime, Flash, our handsome Tuxedo cat. Apparently we had a mouse in da house. Then we had the thrill of the chase, followed by torture, followed by mouse-a-cide, which left a corpus mouse-us on the stairs. Thankfully, this time the hubby was home to find and discard the corpus disgustus, though he didn't leave a chalk outline.

Way back when, I had a series of cards featuring Odd Bird Planet's Priscilla, who reminded me of Duchess because she was pretty and poofy. Priscilla had a bunch of adventures, which amused the heck out of me. If you want to read Priscilla's adventures and see the cards, type "Priscilla" into the "search" function below on the right.

Therefore, I will be starting a new series featuring Ms. Priss, who is one of the Fanci-Cats from Third Coast Rubber Stamps.

Whereas I did not use a mouse (this time), this card speaks to a similar adventure.

I used the sketch from Sketch Saturday's Week #211 sketch! I did flip it!

Here's the sketch!


Here's my card!


Ms. Priss was colored with Copic markers in shades of warm gray and RV11.

The birdcage is an Odd Bird Planet stamp and was colored with Copic markers. The birdcage and Ms. Priss were masked with Winsor & Newton liquid mask. The feather, from an old Stampin' Up set, was repeatedly stamped in the cage and around Ms. Priss. They were colored (guess what colorant?) and also masked. Then I airbrushed the background and peeled up the mask. I added Glaze pen to the cage. I resisted adding little red drops around the cage. I figured that would be overkill. (pun intended).

The patterned papers are all from a My Mind's Eye Lost & Found 6x6 pad. Both Pumice Stone & Old Paper Distress inks were sponged on all edges as I can't abide white edges.

Matte Accents was used to adhere patterned paper to the clear buttons. Then I listened to Jodi's voice in my head and threaded the buttons with pink thread.

I haven't decided on a sentiment yet, so that will come later when it's actually sent to someone!

Thanks for visiting today.

I shall be entering this card in the following challenge(s):
Sketch Saturday #211
Craft Your Passion #114: Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp: Anything Goes
Oozak Challenge Blog: Two Papers & an Embellie

13 comments:

  1. Great card, Kathi! Love the color combo and fun image! Great take on the sketch, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly made me chuckle with this one! Great card...though you know that I would have added the bloody drips.... Love the repeated feathers. Great story about your cats...would've been hilarious to have actually left a chalk outline!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathi, your blog has again made me chuckle! Love the "chalk outline"! Good stuff! :^)
    This is a really cute card--the bird cage in the corner is a great touch. The colors are really pretty, in spite of the story actually being presented! LOL! (I'm glad you didn't add the red drops! teehee)
    Oh, and I learned something new today, too. I hadn't heard of that liquid mask before. I think I shall have to try it sometime--thanks!
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute kitty! Thanks for joining Craft Your Passion this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card, love your image and colours, thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion, hugs, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card Kathi! That's a puss with attitude :) Love the colour combo and the feathers are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card and so glad hubby was home to remove the corpse!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is so cute - thanks for following our sketch over at SS this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL, love Ms. Priss! and those feathers were made from stamps? cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing your fun creation with the DT from SSS and S. Hugs Terry xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha! What a fun story. I had a cat who loved to bring in LIVE critters - she wanted to keep playing with them and didn't like it when they died. One night she brought in a pregnant mama mouse...who had babies in my hallway! Can you say eeeep? :)
    Darling card - thanks for inspiring us over at Oozak!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card, it sure made me giggle. Thank you for joining us at Oozak challenges.

    ReplyDelete