Friday, June 8, 2012

Karma Factory

Do you believe that "what goes around, comes around"? Do you sometimes wish that Karma had a bit of a push? I know I do, so I created a wall hanging that features Drucilla and Wednesday by Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps.

It's not quite done yet because I need to actually sew a voodoo doll pin cushion that will hang from the center hook. When I'm done, I'll come back and post an update, but 'til then, these photos will have to do.

I realize that this creation is a bit "out there" and rather laden with schadenfreude, but that reflects some stuff that's been happening for the last bit. On the positive side of things, it amuses me and merriment is always a good thing. It's a balance I guess.

Anyways, without further ado, here are the photos.

This is a photo of the whole thing. The light in my room is poor, so I will try to take better photos when the whole shebang is done.


Without the dangling bits.


Drucilla and Wednesday, my factory workers, hard at work making voodoo dolls.


Dress form:


The base of the piece is an 10" x 8" canvas. I cut a piece of Kraft Resist paper down to size, then sponged several colors of Distress ink over it and adhered it to the canvas using gel medium. The yardstick papers are from forever ago and were layered on the sides. The entire thing was treated to several coats of gel medium. Old tape was added to the bottom.

I die cut canvas inkjet paper (2x) and brown cardstock-covered cardboard using the Alterations Dress Form die. Woodgrain details were added with Copic markers and then heat embossed with three layers of clear ep. The canvas dress part of the dress form was adhered to the dress form, then Distress ink was added to it.

Frilly lace was put into a plastic bag, then Copic V22 reinker was squeezed into it. The bag was squished, then the lace came out to dry. It was layered onto the dress form, a ribbon, sequin, gem, and pearls were added to finish the dress form.

Drucilla and Wednesday were colored with Copic markers. Their eyeballs, teeth, skull barette, were highlighted with Glaze pen. The pin heads have glitter pen on them. They were "fussy cut", which while challenging, was curiously relaxing. Go figure. Wednesday was adhered to the canvas, then Drucilla was adhered with dimensional adhesives.

The title was added using Abigail QuicKutz die cuts. I haven't used my fonts in ages, so I felt downright thrifty. hahahahahahahahahaha

Three little hooks were screwed into the bottom of the canvas. I strung a needle threader and a plastic bobbin (I couldn't find my metal ones) onto wire and hung that from one of the hooks. A bunch of butttons were threaded onto another wire, which hangs from another hook. The as-yet-not-made-Voodoo-Doll pin cushion will hang from the middle hook.

I'm debating adding some quotes about Karma, but haven't decided yet.

I shall enter this in the following challenges:
Kraftin' Kimmie Blog #131: ABC/Anything but a Card

2 comments:

  1. What a cool project! Loving the colored image, techniques, details & embellies. ooh and let me know if it works...so maybe i need to make one, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathi, you are a mixed-media artist, aren't you?!!! Love all the different things you used on this. :^)
    And you're right--cutting out images can be very therapeutic!
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete