Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I can do cute too! Earth Angel!

My cards and projects can be dictated by my moods. Sometimes I feel dark and edgy. Sometimes I feel flirty. Sometimes I feel punny. Sometimes I feel whimsical. And every now and then I feel cute. This is one of those days.

I was inspired by the stamp, some older papers by Fancy Pants, and by a sketch I found online.

Sunday Sketch & Stamp's Sketch #111


My take on the sketch:


The super-cute Earth Angel is by Elizabeth Bell for SCACD. Since I'm an aging hippie, her outfit and that little peace sign on her wing totally spoke to me. I also figured that she was versatile and could just as easily be blowing on a flower or a heart or a bird or a butterfly or for a Season's Greetings card. So I bought her.

She was colored with Copic markers, which I know is a total shock. Her wings were touched up with some Spica Clear glitter pen. I took my color palette from the very old Sweet Pea patterned papers by Fancy Pants, which I found in my scrap bin! I also have some untouched 12x12 pieces from that collection (and many others). I'm trying to use my stash when I can. All edges were sponged with Pearl Paint Dabber. The die cut scalloped circle was sprayed with Perfect Pearls Pearl mist.

The sentiment was computer generated and says "Imagine: Peace & Love". Remember what I said about my youth?

The flowers were diecut from patterned paper, except for the innards of the large flower which were punched with a pistil/stamen/flower-centery punch from Punch Bunch and the daisy from EK Success.

The pearls are from Recollections.

Thanks for visiting today.

I shall enter this card in the following challenges:

Sunday Sketch & Stamp's Sketch #111
Outlawz Copic/Promarker Friday Favorite Color Combo challenge (pink & blue)
Oozak's Two Papers & an Embellie challenge


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Kathi! I love the papers and layout and soft coloring of the wonderful EB image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you can! This is cute and pretty at the same time. Love the soft colors and your coloring of that sweetie! (I have yet to make something with it - eek, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice and yes, cute too :) Love the soft, vintage feel - is the hippy era retro or vintage????
    I still love my long skirts and tie-dye tee's!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey...cute looks good on you:)! Your coloring looks great and the striped paper perfect.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, Kathi, this takes me back to a laid-back time in my life, too! I was actually in jeans before they were cool! (I couldn't afford nice clothes when I first started college!)
    Love this little girl and the soft colors you used with her. Great flowers, too, for your flower child! :^)
    I just noticed the "certifiable" on your page! Yeah, that's our Kathi alright! LOL!
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is lovely and the stamp is just adorable!!!

    Thanks for joining us at SS&S this week!
    Hugs Gry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, I love EB images too- she is one talented lady XOX Tania

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Kathi! Such a sweet image and you've coloured her so well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a totally sweet card! Love your coloring and the color palette on the card is perfect for the image. Thanks for inspiring us over at Oozak!

    ReplyDelete