Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

When I met husband in college, he played guitar. Some time afterwards he stopped playing and both of his guitars were given to his brother, who eventually passed them along to someone else.

My husband recently started playing again on a guitar borrowed from a friend. He got an electric guitar as an early Father's Day gift.

Therefore, this year, instead of a bicycle or wine card, his Father's Day card featured a guitar from Taylored Expressions' You're My Hero set.

The card was created using this week's sketch from Sketch Saturday.

Here's the sketch.


Here's the card.


You're My Hero set is cool because it includes a guitar neck and four different Fender-style guitar bodies.

The neck of the guitar was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink, colored with Copic markers, then masked with Winsor & Newton masking fluid. The solid-flame guitar body was stamped with Black Onyx VersaFine ink to achieve better ink coverage.

Both the blue and guitar print patterned papers are from Glitz Designs. The metallic silver flame patterned paper is from EK Success. I've hoarded both papers forever and save every scrap. Krylon Silver Leaf pen was used to edge almost all the edges since I can't abide white edges and to add a bit of metallic "pop".

The sentiment is by A Muse. I used a Father's Day sentiment inside the card and had my daughter write something for her father.

It's my first Father's Day without my Dad and I feel a bit sad and bereft. However, he's alive in my heart and my memories and that gives me some comfort.

Thanks for visiting today!

I shall enter the card in the following challenges.
Sketch Saturday: Week #212
Craft Your Passion Challenge #114: "Anything Goes"
Cards for Men: Challenge 12: Father's Day (this challenge was posted on June 4th which was my Dad's birthday.

8 comments:

  1. Kathi, what a perfect card for your hubby! It "rocks"! I am sure he loved it. :^)
    I know how you feel without your dad here for Father's Day. Just know that it does get a little easier every year.
    Big hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card for a muso!
    Hope your Fathers'Day isn't too sad for you. I'm sure you have some lovely memories to focus on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking of you today, may memories of your Dad bring you smiles.

    Great card. It's so sweet you you and your daughter to get your DH a guitar. What a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific card, Kathi! I'm sure your DH loved it! I hope that good memories of your Dad helped you get through your first Father's Day without him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh cool guitar card, Kathi! Love the image and your coloring of it and the papers! Sorry to hear about your dad. Hope your memories gave you some comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome masculine card. I'm sure your hubby loooooved it

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great card Shari, love the image & papers. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect card for your hubby Kathi!

    I remember how it felt for me on the first Mother's Day after my Mum passed away, I hope you focus on your many happy memories of your Dad!

    ReplyDelete