Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Homage to Bettie Page 2.0

Greetings! Yep. Two cards, one challenge, one day. Am I a superstar or what?

My answer would be "What"!

I had planned to get this one finished for today's hop, but the best laid plans of mice and Kathi, are often undone.

So here it is!

This time I used the Cherry Girl stamp from the Cherry Bomb set by Bombshell Stamps. I used my indispensable Removable Scotch Tape to mask off the cherry, some of her curls, and part of her shoulders. Then I stamped the image, re-drew the shoulders/back and added straight hair and bangs because Bettie was known for her bangs (as well as her amazing figure). She was colored with Copic markers. The sand was added with the dotty Copic technique and the sky was airbrushed over scallops using a custom marker (less-than B21).

I grabbed some Kraft cardstock, pulled out the Punchinella and Flames stencils from The Crafter's Workshop, available at Susana's Custom Stamp & Art. First I used my Martha Stewart Scoring Tool and put in three vertical lines. I positioned T!m's Clocks Alterations folder up to the one of the score lines and ran the cardstock through my Big Kick and rubbed some Black Soot Distress Ink over the embossed bits. Then I used my Punchinella stars to sponge Frayed Burlap Distress Ink over the embossed clock faces. I sponged Tea Dye and Vintage Photo Distress inks over the Flames stencil.

When that was done, I used old black Classic Photo Corners Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L to adhere the Bettie-esq piece. I added two Ideology Film Strip Ribbon to the piece using my Tiny T!m Attacher. An old 7 Gypsies sticker as added to two QuicKutz spiky circle diecuts. This was added to over the bottom Film Strip Ribbon. Old Flair Rub-ons were used to add "Bettie" to the film strip ribbon running vertically along the left side. It would have been much easier to do the rub-ons before I stapled the film ribbon, but it worked.

Thanks for visiting again today!

Oh! If you haven't checked out today's Bombshell Stamps Hump Day Hop -- Homage to Bettie Page, you ought to do so now!!! I promise you that you will be inspired.


Here's the Hop List again!
Bombshell Blog
Alison
Kelli
Mary G.
Laura
Susie
Rachael (Etsy Ketsy)
Jennie
Jodi
Emily
Torrey
Kim
Alaine
Teresa
Stempelientje
Mary (Sparkly Engineer)

I shall enter this in the following challenge(s):
Simon Says Stamp Challenge: "Anything Goes" Their store carries Bombshell Stamps!!!

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic card, Kathi! Great coloring of the fun image and fab design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're so good with these Bombshell stamps - love how you've altered this one and such a great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, Kathi! Love how you masked the image and modified it. Also loving all of the different techniques and elements you incorporated into your card - that left border looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete