Friday, April 27, 2012

FLY!

This card was actually started for last week's Outlawz Copic marker Friday challenge, which was "Magic", but I sort of ran out of time. Oh well. Fortunately, this week's challenge is "Anything goes!" Gotta love those kind of challenges. It's also a fairly CAS card for me, but sometimes less really IS more.


Yep. It's another card using my beloved Grand Madison Window die from Poppy Stamps/Memory Box. This time I used Third Coast's Blossoming Tree (BD-035-P) from p. 14 of the Spring '07 supplement and Kitty Angel (AP-172-D) from page 24 of the Summer '05 supplement. Both the tree and the cat were colored with Copic markers, masked with Winsor & Newton Liquid Mask, and the background sky was airbrushed over scallop packaging material. The mask was peeled off and the cat's wings were painted with Winsor & Newton Iridescent Medium to make 'em sparkle. BTW, I discovered that E02, E01, and E00 work remarkably well for marmalade cats.

Grand Madison Window was die cut from white cardstock. I cut out the bottom pane so it would look as if the cat had launched from her perch upon the window sill, spread her wings, and flew into the beautiful spring day. I added a little trail, but being a dope, I did it after it was securely in the window frame. *sigh*

The top part of the window has ink jet transparency film backing it and the entire window is popped using dimensional adhesive foam. The patterned paper is also from Memory Box. I die cut the word "FLY" using mini Indigo QuicKutz dies, colored 'em with Copic markers, then adhered them to a scored vellum strip. The sentiment "spread your wings" is from the late, lamented Odd Bird Planet and was stamped with StazOn. I do love that almond scent!!!

Thanks for visiting today!

I shall be entering this card in the following challenges.
• Outlawz/Promarker Friday "Anything Goes" challenge
Simon Says Stamp Challenge "Word" challenge
• Simon Says: "Anything Goes" challenge

8 comments:

  1. Neat card! You are doing a fab job with these window dies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Love that window die - I need to see if there's anything similar on the Silhouette :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello. I really like your card! Love that window die cut. It's amazing! I also love your flying pig and the sweet branch outside of the window! Great colorizing! And I totally agree with you...sometimes less is more! Nice job! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful, Kathi! I love your window scene and how you cut the bottom portion of the window to allow the image to be seen! very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful window and the scene is so nice. Great job in cutting out one of the window pains looks great.
    Hugs,xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you've used the MB window die...looks fantastic.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathi,
    I love the simplicity of your card, and, in an other hand, the whole little clever details to look at.
    (I'm not sure I'm quite understandable ...)
    WELL, I LOVE THIS CARD !!! :) Sandra

    ReplyDelete