Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Bombshell's Hump Day Hop! Homage to Bettie Page!

You should have gotten here from Mary's (Sparkly Engineer) Blog!

Alison, our lovely, talented, teal-tressed Hump Day Hop Captain, has declared April's Hump Day Hop to be an Homage to Bettie Page!

On April 22, 1923, a star was born. A star that we all know. A star that, without her, Bombshell Stamps may not even exist (if I may be so presumptuous). Who is it? None other than Bettie Page.

What better month to pay homage to the Pin-Up Queen herself than the month of her birth?

So for this hop, I want you to give Ms. Page some love. Make a project, any type of project, using her as inspiration. There are thousands of images to view, lots of quotes she has said, and others have said about her. Want some inspiration right now? Check out Bettie Page's official site: http://www.bettiepage.com/index.html

Here's my take on the challenge:


The Poison Girl stamp from the Sugar Daddy set has been transformed into Bettie's visage with the assistance of a little repositionable Scotch Tape. She was colored with Copic markers (list below) and punched into a circle, which was layered onto a Nestabilities Pinked Circle.

The patterned paper is from the Curtain Call 8x8 pad by Graphic 45. I cut an aperture, layered plush leopard material (source unknown) into the opening, then added the circle "Bettie" together with some glittery red alpha stickers, spelling out her name.

The film projector was "fussy cut", then adhered to some stripey paper which had been stenciled with The Crafters Workshop Flames & Clocks stencils and Distress Ink.

The Finger Point was stamped and colored with Copic markers. Bad Girl texts were stamped above and below the hand with the assistance of my very indispensable Scotch Repositionable Tape. The hand and text stamps are from the Cherry Bomb set. Bombshell Text from the Man's Ruin set was stamped, the crown from the King of the Road set was added and colored with Copics and Sakura Sparkle pens. The broken heart from the Man's Ruin set was stamped with Crimson Red VersaFine ink. Then both of these rectangles were adhered inside a very, very, very old acetate film strip by Creative Imaginations using red-liner tape.

I put the card together and decided it was missing something, so I diecut some stars from gold cardstock, punched holes in them, ran 'em through my Xyron, and added red Art Institute Glitter and some gold twine, to be symbolic of some of the more risqué Bettie Page movies.

I did make a mistake, which I realized right after I adhered, but I can live with it. What do you think it is?

Thanks for visiting today and checking out the blog hop! Just in case you got lost along your way or want to do it again, here's the list!

Here's the Hop List!
Bombshell Blog
Alison
Kelli
Mary G.
Laura
Susie
Rachael (Etsy Ketsy)
Jennie
Jodi
Emily
Torrey
Kim
Alaine
Teresa
Stempelientje
Mary (Sparkly Engineer)
,

16 comments:

  1. Wow this is great - has a real "Bettie" feel to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing, Kathi! I love that you used elements from so many different sets. And all of your details make this such a gorgeous creation!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the textures you've got going on here! When I look at this, I just can't help but shout "Lights! Camera! ACTION!!!". Simply fabu, dahling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very kewl Kathi! But I don't think Bettie was a bad girl,but am sure indeed many thought that! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so lovin this!! So much to look at I love it!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Kathi, this is like a fabulous mini scrapbook page! Nicely done my friend! :D Very inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. This is awesome. Seriously. I love all of the little elements, that aren't just "things," they are symbolic. What a perfect, perfect homage to Bettie Page. And I don't see any mistakes. I tried to find it...but I think it's perfection. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful i love the whole idea of the cinema xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The idea of the camera and the badgirl stamp and the leopard print and the sparkly Betty and the tickets and just wow. This is an over the top super card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow so many sets used on one card! Fabulous work!xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card. For me...yes?
    I love all the way all the bits come together.
    I couldn't see any mistake. But then I'm all about embracing imperfections x

    Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fantastic! Seriously. Love all the different elements!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did a great job capturing Bettie. Awesome card

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous Kathi! I love everything on it, the cinema feel, the leopard print background -- it's so totally Bettie!

    ReplyDelete