Monday, March 19, 2012

Layer it up with Smudgy Antics

The challenge this week over at the Smudgy Antics Challenge Blog is to "Layer it up!" I decided to use Seriba again for this challenge.

Here it is:


The first thing I did was to color Seriba using mostly cool gray Copic markers with a touch of silver Metallic Pentel pens on her chains and Glaze pens on her wand.

Then I grabbed a piece of textured gray cardstock and my Chicken-wire and Punchinella stencil by The Crafter's Workshop. I sponged Black Soot and Worn Lipstick Distress ink over the large Chicken-wire stencil first. Then when that dried, I went back and layered the small chicken-wire pattern of the Punchinella stencil and sponged more ink on. I had one more go sponging ink over the star pattern of the Punchinella stencils to create a visual triangle. Then I gave the whole thing several spritzes with a Pearl Perfect Pearl mister, which blended the ink a bit and left a nice shimmery finish. I left it to flatten out under a stack of books.

Some silver accents were needed so I created a photo mat from pink and gray cardstock and added silver eyelets. I found some wonderful black and silver ribbon and threaded it through the eyelets and the sentiment (from The Fairy Fantasy unmounted rubber sheet by the Enchanted Garden) piece.

The sponged patterned glimmery gray cardstock was torn and silver mesh was layered over black cardstock between the two pieces. Then Seriba's panel and the sentiment panel were added.

A flower rhinestone and a trio of star rhinestones were added because the card needed some bling!

Thanks for visiting today!

I shall enter this in the following challenge(s):
Simon Says Stamp & Show: "Create your own background"

8 comments:

  1. Love the colour scheme you've used and that ribbon lacing is the perfect touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathi, this is super. Love the way the BP turned out - it seems like a lot of hard work but well worth it. Seriba looks amazing with just that splash of colour. TFS. Hxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! Love the different layers of stencils and different techniques you used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very beauiful card love the layers

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fabulous!!! I love your use of stencils and the silver mesh looks wicked cool! You've made your goth fairy really shine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fabulous card! I love how you used the eyelets on the front to do the lacing, and the punchinella background is awesome! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show! Ellen :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful card. There is so much work in on this it is wonderful.

    hugs,
    susan s.

    ReplyDelete