Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Easter Surprise!!! Variations on a theme!

I've done this sort of card before where something unexpected comes out of an Easter egg.

Here's my really brightly colored card:



Here's a close-up:

This time, I felt like using some of my poor neglected Memory Box Penguins. They used to have a dozen or so differently attired penguins, but have discontinued some of them. This makes me sad since I adore these funny penguin stamps!

This is the retired Carmen Miranda penguin who freakin' cracks me up. She cracked up that egg too! The egg, quote bubble, and a thin strip were punched, die-cut, and cut from a left over piece of serigraph technique cardstock that I used for this card. The cardstock was stamped using Bombshell's Butterfly Queen set.

Carmen was colored with Copic markers. Clear Glaze pen was used on her beak and feet. I colored the "ice" with C0 Copic marker, added Sakura Glitter pen, and then put Clear Glaze pen over that to make it look sparkly and icy.

The punched egg was cut using decorative scissors that I dug out from a bottom drawer. I can't remember the last time I used them! I outlined it with a combo of Copic markers and Sharpies. The Sharpie pen worked better over the white embossed images. I then coated the egg with Glaze marker and shaped it to make it more 3D.

The small sentiment is from Paper Trey's Mixed Messages set, which is infinitely useful since the sentiments are tiny!

The patterned papers are from MME Everyday Tango and Basic Grey!

Thanks for visiting today!

I shall enter this card in the following challenges:
Outlawz Promarker/Copic Friday's Easter challenge
Splitcoast "You Have Me in Stitches" challenge

2 comments:

  1. Nice use of die cuts and layering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathi,
    I love this cute little card :) And the colour effect on the egg. You should tell me more about this "serigraph technique"?!... Sandra

    ReplyDelete