Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Bombshell Hump Day Hop

Alison, our Hump Day Hop Captain, has set this month's challenge as a color challenge.

Here's the palette:



Here's my take on it.


I used the pin-up from the Bombshell Angel set and the bird from Hula Girl set for this card. The Pin-up and bird were colored with Copic markers. The bird's beak and eye were touched with Glaze pen.

I added bunny ears that were die cut using an old QuicKutz die from fuzzy white paper from my scraps stash. I colored the interior of the ear pink using Copics. The basket and the flourish on the sentiment are both QuicKutz dies too! The basket was touched up using chalks.

The patterned papers are a combo of MME (sky) and Memory Box stripes. I messed up one of the layers of the "ground" by edging with the wrong color marker. Her headband holding the ears should be higher up too. Oopsy. That's what happens when you rush I guess.

The sentiment is computer generated and reveals my wacky sense of humor.

Thanks for visiting today!

Just in case you got lost, here's the Hop List!
Bombshell Blog
Alison
Laura
Etsy Ketsy
Kelli
Mary G.
Alaine
Glittery Katie

I shall enter this card in the following challenges:
Outlawz Promarker/Copic Friday's Easter challenge
Splitcoast "You Have Me in Stitches" challenge

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful Easter Themed card - love that colour palette for the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha LoL - love this. Great images and colouring. Love the sense of humour :-D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sentiment on this card cracks me up and I love the idea of using the eggs for all the colors in the challenge. Wonderful the way you used the bird from the HI set for the sentiment too and all the little details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how fun is that. love how you put everything together. great card and use of the colors given

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saucy! I love the eggs, the rabbit ears, and the bird from Hula Girl. All fabulous ideas, that make up a kick a** card. Great job, Kathi! It's fab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Easter card!!! The bunny ears are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card! Great sentiment, gorgeous pin-up and bird!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute Kathi, what a fun seasonal way to use the Angel! The quote cracks me up!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jodiwan here... impressed with all the ingredients in this delish card combo... love it! Loving this color combo - must get myself some Bombshell stamps so I can join in on this one!
    Hugs,
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jodiwan here... impressed with all the ingredients in this delish card combo... love it! Loving this color combo - must get myself some Bombshell stamps so I can join in on this one!
    Hugs,
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAHAHAHAHA that made me giggle!!! I love it ! I think it turned out wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your sense of humor! Awesome card!:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that sentiment and the scene you created! Gorgeous coloring and love all of the die cuts too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oops, forgot to tell you that you won the sneak peek candy - go to this scacd blog post - http://heartsandhugz.blogspot.com/2012/03/blog-candy-winners-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete