Monday, February 20, 2012

Karma's Helper

Here's some music to listen to as you read this entry!

When I saw this stamp, Drucilla by Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, I giggled like a maniac. I asked around to see if any of my friends had it and could stamp a few images for me. The lovely and talented Cheryl stepped up. If you don't know her work, check out her blog (linked),then come back, and thank me!

Things have been a bit chaotic lately and I've been experiencing a fair amount of schadenfreude, so I decided it was time to color Drucilla and put her on a card. While I was coloring, I was singing Bad Karma by the late and great Warren Zevon.

I figured why not enter a Kraftin' Kimmie challenge? Voila, like magic, a sketch challenge appeared.

Here's the sketch:

Here's my take on the sketch, though I did flip it a bit and fudged some sizes, but after all, sketches are for inspiration, no?

Drucilla was colored with Copic markers. It's not my best, but it doesn't suck. Plus, I don't have many images, so I'll clearly need to purchase this stamp. All the patterned papers are from Cosmo Cricket and are fairly old. Gotta love using up stash!

I was playing around with sentiment ideas when "Karma's helper" came to my mind, so I used glitter stickers to spell it out. Then the card still needed something, so I die cut a ribbon slider heart, added ribbon, and three pins. Now whoever I send this to will have the tools for the job, though I suppose I'll have to craft a Voodoo doll for them too!

Thanks for visiting today!

I shall enter this card in the following challenges:
Kraftin' Kimmie Challenges
Outlawz Copic/Promarker Friday "Inspired by books, movies, and songs" challenge. though the card actually inspired the song in my head.


  1. Awesome work with image and the colors. Lovely!

    stretch marks creams

  2. I love your card and love the sentiment. I saw it over at the Outlawz and had to come look over your blog. Great cards here.

  3. Super fabby, my friend! Drucilla is obviously a results oriented! Love the papers and that pin pokey heart is, oh, so perfect! Hugz, Cheryl

  4. Fabulous card Kathi! Great colouring with the copics!