Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day again!

I warned you all that I would be back with another "Love is in the air" card, didn't I?

Well here it is!



This time I pulled out the fabulous Victoria Case/Susana's Custom Art City Skyline stamp that I treated myself to last fall.

When I saw it, I immediately thought it would be very cool to add hearts, clovers, snowflakes, and Christmas trees to the facade of one of the buildings, so I did just that!

First I stamped the image onto dotted Basic Grey White Basics cardstock. Then I punched a heart, adhered the punched heart where I wanted it with temporary adhesive. I then placed the piece of cardstock containing the negative (heart-shaped hole) over the heart, lifted the heart out of the aperture, and then sponging ink through the aperture.

Then I lifted it up and colored the skyline with Copic markers. I masked the cityscape and then airbrushed the cloudy sky by using a torn piece of cardstock and the airbrush system. Airbrushing against the torn edge creates a cloudy pattern. (This technique also works with ink and chalk. Plus you can use it to create a underwater scene.)

I was feeling whimsical, so I pulled out the In the Clouds set by Taylored Expressions that my husband had gotten for me as a holiday gift. I've always loved blimps, so I was thrilled that he got this stamp set and the matching dies that go with it! Good man, he is!

I stamped the small heart blimp with the same Memento ink I used to sponge the heart, then die cut it, and adhered it to the sky with dimensional adhesives.

Since I do not have a "Love is in the Air" stamp (though I should, but haven't found one.), I used my trusty Dymo labeler to add the sentiment.

Thanks for visiting today.

I shall enter this card in the following challenges:
Copic/Promarker Challenge at the Outlawz
Simon Says Stamp Love is in the Air Challenge

9 comments:

  1. Magnificent! Saw you on Outlawz. I am a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blog, I was sent by Outlawz. I am now a follower

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. I don't think I have ever seen one with a skyline before.... gorgeous! I am now a follower!
    Hgus,
    Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Kathi. I came here from The Outlawz and I am now following you.
    Blessings,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are on a roll, gal! I am lovin' you cards! Met you on The Outlawz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!
    I'm your newest follower and found your blog through The Outlawz.

    You have a lovely blog! Gonna enjoy looking back and to follow forward :)

    Hope you have had or will take your time to visit my cyberspace to. ;)

    xx/Maria aka MulleSnuttan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another fabulous card!! What a great idea with the heart on the buildings and the blimb in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant! The skyline is just awesome.

    android develop

    ReplyDelete
  9. everything is just perfect! awesome card! i love the blimp, the skyline, the buildings, everything! so far out!
    web design ventura

    ReplyDelete