Friday, November 18, 2011

Rock On!

This card is a miracle! Why? Well because it's finished almost a month before I need to send it to my nephew!!! Granted it was a bit easier than some cards because I used Taylored Expressions Sketch #150 with a brand new, never-seen-ink You're My Hero set! This is a great set to use for gifts for teens and young adults (or aging rockers) since it features a guitar neck and four different guitar bodies, plus a male and a female rocker, a decorative motif, and a bunch of sentiments.



So, the guitar was stamped and colored with Copic markers. I debated whether to use UTEE to make the guitar glossy, but decided against it this time. The patterned paper is old, but hoarded Junkitz paper. I stamped the star, heat embossed it with sparkly black embossing powder, then cut it out. I used a drippy goo punch because I didn't think my usual lacy/scalloped edges would have worked so well. The sentiment is computer generated.

This card was entered in:
• Taylored Expressions Sketch #150 challenge
• Outlawz Greeting Monday challenge "Masculine" challenge.

Thanks for visiting today!

3 comments:

  1. Wow ... love that set ... and what a fun card ... I don't have any of her sets, but might need to add this one to my collection.

    ReplyDelete