Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Feliz Navidad

It's been so rainy and wet here in NJ for more than a month, that I'm totally sick of the dampness. Therefore, I wish I were taking a siesta in this little desert scene!



The stamps are Siesta (AP-192-B) and Saguaro (AP-191-B) from page 25 of the Summer. '05 catalog from Third Coast Rubber Stamps.

The scene was colored with Copic markers. The desert is a combination of Copic markers and Distress ink and the sky was sponged with Summer Sky and Angel Pink Memento inks. The textured polka dot paper is Bazzill's Dotted Swiss and the red striped is from an old pad by K & Company.

I debated the sentiment with myself. I was undecided and pondered using a retirement sentiment, a "I don't do mornings" sentiment, a "You deserve a siesta" sentiment, but ultimately decided a Christmas card was the most useful. Hence the "Feliz Navidad" sentiment, which was by the late, lamented justjohanna's Odd Bird Planet.

Thanks for visiting today!

No comments:

Post a Comment