Tuesday, March 8, 2011

March Bombshell Sketch Challenge: Mardi Gras/Congratulations card!

First an update on the PPP! I purged four (4) boxes of patterned papers and all scraps smaller than 4" x 2". I also organized all of my patterned paper and cardstock, plus all of my scraps. I'm thrilled and think this should help me work faster, neater, and more efficiently. Time will tell. Meanwhile, I'm paying the usable paper forward and recycled the scraps. Go me!!!

As you know, I create a monthly sketch design for Bombshell Stamps' blog and forum.

Here's March's sketch:


Here's my take on it.


I made a Mardi Gras/Congratulations card. I stamped the pin-up from the Bombshell Angel set, colored her face, torso, arms, and legs with Copic markers. I paper pieced her skirt from an old Basic Grey Fusion tag, then cut her out, and re-assembled her. Her shoes were touched up with a purple Sakura Glaze pen. I added a Sakura Glitter pen bracelet and the chain to her necklace. The pendant is a gemstone. I computer generated the "Let the good times roll!!!" sentiment three times and used circles Nesties to cut them out. The sentiment circles and edgy gold Nestie circles were stacked, then I popped her over them. All patterned paper is from my old Basic Grey Fusion scraps!!! The "congratulations" sentiment is a gold sticker by Stampendous. There are purple gemstones in the upper left, on her hair flower, and on her necklace. Sadly, you can't see the bling. Darn it!

Thanks for visiting today!

4 comments:

  1. Great card Kathi! I love her outfit! The bloing is always difficult to catch on a picture,I always have that same problem,especially is it is a subtle bling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Kathi! I love the 3D effect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathi, this is a "WOW" card! Love the outfit, especially the belt. The layout is fab, as always. The bombshell that creates these sketches is super talented ;D

    ReplyDelete