Monday, January 31, 2011

Howdy! Two challenges, one card!

I used the latest sketch from Splitcoast Stampers. I had wanted to try to color one of the Bombshell pin-ups like an old-fashioned sepia photo.

Here's my result!


I used the focal image and sentiment from Bombshell's Western Gal set, which is now available in rubber as well as digital!

I colored the cowgirl using E00, E000, E11, E13, and E15. I had planned on using leather-looking specialty paper, only to discover that I didn't have a brown StazOn inkpad. Oh! The horror! So I had to "Plan B" it and used Cosmo Cricket papers that look like decorated, distressed wood.

The sepia coloring worked out well, so I'll likely do it again. Sadly, my photo was taken at night, so the colors are a bit wonky.

I have another card almost done, using the sketch and will post it as soon as I can.

Thanks for visiting today!

3 comments:

  1. Oh love that these similar layouts turned into such different cards! Just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! This came out amazing! What a great idea to make her sepia! And that paper is purrfect for that image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great papers to use with your image Kathi! It looks very Wild West!

    ReplyDelete