Monday, January 3, 2011

Glittery Glam Season's Greetings card!

Here's another card that qualifies for the Glitter is Glam challenge over at Moxie Fab World.



Here's a close-up that might show more of the glittery aspect. I so need to figure out how to photograph glittery cards! **OK. I tried again and oddly enough, the only photo that shows the glitter was shot from a few feet away and were out of focus. However, you can see that the tree and background are really glittery! If anyone has any hints for me, please share. Keep in mind that it's too freakin' cold to shoot outside!


I already had the tree circle stamped, embossed, and sponged with Distress Ink but it was looking too autumnal. Since we still have snow from our 30" blizzard, I added some "snowy sparkle" to the tree with the Quickie Glue Pen and glitter. By the way, the tree is from the Fall on Me set by Technique Tuesday. This set is retiring, so it's on sale right now. I love the set and am bummed out that it's retiring, but just because it's retired, doesn't mean that I won't use it!!!

A while back I was looking at my embossing folders and wondering whether debossing the design and then using Stickles in the indentations would look okay. However, when I decided to put this card together, I didn't feel like waiting forever for Stickles to dry. :D So, I used my Sakura Quickie Glue Pen in the indentations of the debossed shimmery black metallic cardstock by Recollections. I dumped on Pigma Glitter onto the entire diecut and pressed the glitter into the debossed areas and let it dry. Then I added more glue, more glitter, and let it dry some more. I added some "snowy sparkle" to the tree with the Quickie Glue Pen and glitter.

I used white metallic paper and embossed it the "correct" way. I computer generated the sentiment onto the metallic white paper and then smudged some black ink over it after I die cut it. There are greyish gemstones on the black metallic diecut and in the corners. They're not showing up in the photo. I'm just glad that the glitter is sort of visible, though it's way, Way, WAY glittier (new word) irl.

Thanks for visiting today!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Kathi! Thanks again for entering the Glitter is Glam challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always have problems capturing glitter - you've done a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your glitter in the embossing! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathi, this is just another example of the stunning work you create! What a gor-juss card!!! I love everything about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathi,
    This is so pretty! It makes me sad to see so many TT stamps like this one retire. I sure liked that one a lot!

    ReplyDelete