Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tuesday's Technique Tuesday card

I created this one for a WCMD challenge over at the Technique Tuesday's SCS forum. The challenge was to use markers. Ha! So not a challenge! These days a challenge for me would be to use any other medium!

Anyways, here's a bright and cheerful card using Technique Tuesday's My Little Poppy Shoppe set that I got at the CK Convention back in the summer.



The flower, stem, and leaves were stamped with Memento inks and colored with Copic markers. The patterned papers are from the Origins 6x6 pad by Basic Grey. I love this collection! The little sentiment is from the Mixed Messages set by Paper Trey Ink, which is fabulously useful with small sets and great fonts. I'm pleased to say that I used three (3) buttons, which leaves a million, gazillion, trillion in my four repurposed jumbo-sized Jif peanut butter-turned-into-button jars.

The design took one of those famous left turns, but I'm kind of pleased with the way the card came out. Oh and the poppy is yellow because that's the only color I've ever seen irl. I must google "Poppy Images" to see what other colors they can be.

Prattle, prattle. Oy. Sorry.

Thanks for visiting today!

2 comments:

  1. Well, I love the left turn it took! It's lovely! Fun use of the pp behind the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete