Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Technique Tuesday Tuesday!

It's Tuesday, which means it's time for me to post a card using my Technique Tuesday stamps. This one was created for the TTSCS7 Borderlicious Challenge over at Technique Tuesday's Splitcoast forum.



The challenge was to create a project using a border, so I decided to make my own border using a non-border stamp. I used the square from the Flea Market Finds set. I stamped it on its point repeatedly, creating a border. I also used the Hanging by a Thread and the Aviary sets.

The leaves and birds were colored with Copic markers. The sky paper is by Cosmo Cricket. The other patterned paper is by Basic Grey. The sparkly stickers (top left hand corner, on the sentiment, and in the center of the squares) are by Stampendous.

This was meant to be a Halloween card, but it took a left turn. :D I do like how the border came out, so I'll do that again. I'm not thrilled with the rest of the card, but done is good and "Thank You" cards are always useful.

BTW, the sentiment is by the late-lamented Odd Bird Planet. :(

Thanks for visiting today!

2 comments:

  1. I like the turn the card made! :) Fun border with patterned paper and gems! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card Kathi, I love the border you made!

    ReplyDelete