Tuesday, October 19, 2010

It's Technique Tuesday Tuesday!

It's Technique Tuesday Tuesday, so I decided to try my hand at the "Wrinkle Free Distress" technique. It was my first time trying this technique and I had fun!



I swiped Broken China, Concord Grape, Spiced Marmalade, and Worn Lipstick Distress inks onto my craft sheet. Then I misted the ink with water until it beaded. I placed a piece of white cardstock face down in the ink puddles and smooshed it down. Then I dried the cardstock with my heat gun. I repeated this several times until I was moderately happy with the result. I wanted the ink to look blotchier, so I spritzed it with water.

Then I had a "Eureeka" moment. I asked myself what would happen if I used pearl Glimmer Mist? I had experienced mixed results using Glimmer Mist, but I read that you got a better mixing and spraying experience if you dropped a bead into the bottle. The bead would help agitate the mica and the mica would mix better. It worked! The spraying went better and I ended up with a nice splotchier and shimmery multi-colored background.

I used the Va Va Bloom set by Technique Tuesday and stamped the flower, stem, and leaves. Then I decided to add the sentiments running vertically on either side.

I knew that I had a scrap of Club Scrap paper that would work wonderfully with the long tall format of the card. I matted the shimmery stamped piece on black cardstock, then onto the Club Scrap scrap. It needed a horizontal element to break the vertical lines a bit, so after scrounging around, looking for a piece of solid black ribbon, I had to settle for some translucent stuff. Oh well.

So, all in all, I had fun with this technique and will definitely do it again.

Thanks for visiting today!

3 comments:

  1. Oh how cool! This is a fun use of the distress inks -- what a lovely combo of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love how your background turned out Kathi! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you said bead, are you talking about just regular tiny pearls?
    Love your card BTW.

    ReplyDelete