Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Time Flies! A Challenge Tag!

Here's a tag that I created for a challenge over at Splitcoast. Actually, it fulfills two challenges in one because I'm efficient like that. It also meets the "Challenge Challenge" at Technique Tuesday's Splitcoast forum.

Here it is!


I really do love making tags and must make more of them. Note to self: "Make more tags!" :D I hadn't gotten grungy in a while, so I did that too. Plus, I used a bunch of the new stuff that I got for myself with birthday ca$h. You know, "the gift to me from me with love" thang.

Here are the details. All of the stamps are from Technique Tuesday. I used some old ones that have been retired... the right wing from Skin Deep set and the clock from the Olde World set. I also used some new sets... words from the Time Flies set and a motif from the Crown Jewel set.

The Technique Tuesday Tile Frame was run through my Big Kick using my new Clockworks Cuddlebug embossing folder. I inked the raised bits with Black Soot Distress Ink. When it was dry, I smooshed the pink Distress Ink onto my craft sheet, used a waterpen to pick up color, which was applied to the flat portions of the tile frame.

I created background paper by repeatedly stamping the motifs from the Crown Jewels set in pink Distress Ink, then stamped the clock and the words.

I ran Core'Dinations Color Core cardstock through the same Cuddlebug folder and then sanded off the black.

The Maya Road wings were painted with a Pearl Adirondack Paint Dabber. When they were dry, I added pink Distress Ink to them to match the rest of the piece.

The patterned paper is from 7 Gypsies.

If you've made it through my excruciatingly long explanation, give yourself a pat on the back. ;)

Thanks for visiting today!

5 comments:

  1. Oh love the use of the coordinations paper! And love the wings on the tag just hanging off the frame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a splendid tag! I know...splendid...I'm trying to use the word "awesome" less, so I am on the hunt for various adjectives I can substitute. Oh, heck...who am I trying to kid? This is freakin' AWESOME!!! Sometimes there is no substitute ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is fantastic!

    great job multi challenging, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I love this! Your in my territory now! And, thanks again for all of the tags you sent me!!!
    I have a clock set from a TT class I took. Thanks for reminding me!!
    You have really inspired me with this one! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I love your layering techniques...and the wings are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete