Friday, December 18, 2009

Smeared & Smudged Sketch Challenge!

Here's the Smeared & Smudged Sketch that Kelli created. Shannon from Bombshell Stamps has graciously donated the Retro Cowgirls stamp set to the winner. For more info, click here.

The Sketch:


Here's my take on the sketch.


The cat is from the Party Cat Hat set by Lost Coast Designs. I added Flower Soft to his hat to make him into Santa. Doesn't he look like he's in a proper snit and about to say "Bah Humbug"? The cat and his hat were colored with Copic Markers. The papers are a mix of Scenic Route and Basic Grey. Tree punches were used for the triangles. I shabbed things up with a combination of distress inks, plus I added a ton of three colors of Stickles for the bling factor. Glitter stickers were used for the sentiment.

Since the card features a cat and some people consider cats to be critters, this card also qualifies for the "All Creatures Great and Small" challenge over at Moxie Fab World. Personally, I consider cats to be furry people, but I'm weird like that.

Thanks for visiting today.

3 comments:

  1. What a fun sketch and I love your take on it! So adorable! :) And yeah, I sorta treat all animals like furry people... heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kathi! Thanks for entering the All Creatures Great & Small Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! Happy holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete