Sunday, October 25, 2009

Change of pace!

Cathy, of Paper Garden Projects fame, created this wonderful free digital image based on a drawing she had done. She's a fabulous artist and paper crafter, who designed several of my favorite Odd Bird Planet's Stamps.

Anyway, I loved the autumnal still life image and felt like a change of pace, so I made a card with the free digital image.

Here it is!


The image was colored with Copic markers and the shadows (which are barely visible) were added with chalk pencils. The papers are a combination of K & Company and Basic Grey Mellow. I used a stamp from Purple Onion Designs for the sentiment.

So yesterday, in between the downpours and in a steady drizzle, I went to the Farmer's Market, where I saw baskets upon baskets of Indian Corn -- all with different colorations. Being me, I pulled out a pen and a pad and started writing down the color combinations, so if you visit my blog regularly, you'll see different variations of Cathrine's beautiful free digital image -- though I'm back into Halloween mode for a while.

Thanks for visiting today.

3 comments:

  1. You did such a beautiful job with the image - thanks so much for sharing it! (In case you're wondering - the indian corn in the original pencil sketch was burgundy and cream... LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful Kathy! I agree, Cathrine's drawings are amazing!

    ReplyDelete